Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related field required.
Knowledge of business start-ups, business incubation/acceleration, product commercialization, product management and/or product development preferred.
Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and networking skills required.
Experience as a company founder, business incubator manager, entrepreneur advisor, technology transfer/commercialization manager, or start-up-funding experience preferred.
Ability to operate in a team environment to further the overall goals of Meridian Technology Center.
Ability to operate as a business professional as well as an effective program developer and educator and show evidence of a willingness to fulfill both roles.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for creating and implementing strategies to successfully manage and grow incubation program and support the growth of the client companies and local entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Center for Business Development (CBD) and The Peak including managing staff, landlord/tenant relationships, facility management, and implementation of best practices.
- Represent Meridian Technology Center and Business and Entrepreneurial Services (BES) division to constituents that are involved in product commercialization, entrepreneurship and economic development.
- Responsible for leading efforts around assisting clients with all facets of business development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, recruit, and evaluate potential residential tenants for the CBD and The Peak.
- Assist clients with identifying their business needs and identifying the appropriate services and service providers to fulfill their needs, track this activity and follow-up with clients to ensure received appropriate assistance.
- Develop strong relationships with client companies acting as their coach consultant, and mentor through regular and required coaching and consulting sessions.
- Manage BES Assistant Director and staff including job evaluations and leave approval.
- Manage/Assist the BES Assistant Director in developing informational, educational and consultative sessions for clients.
- Attend all staff meetings called by the Superintendent and the Executive Director of Workforce and Economic Development.
- Participate in broader Workforce and Economic Development functions as necessary and required.
- Prepare and submit reports required by the Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education.
- Maintain records and prepare and submit all reports required by the Superintendent/CEO and Executive Director of Workforce and Economic Development.
- Keep accurate files and records of client contacts and related business issues utilizing CRM software and other processes and tools.
- Oversee BES marketing efforts in partnership with the Assistant Director and Marketing Department.
- Stay current in the field and operate as a key person in knowing, understanding, and educating clients on the Oklahoma entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Actively participate, partner, and collaborate with the Oklahoma entrepreneurial ecosystem including, but not limited to, new companies, universities, investors, service providers, other incubators, NBIA, OBIA, OCAST, i2E, SBDCs, OVF, etc.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs, and employees at every available opportunity, with specific responsibilities for recruitment and promotion of the CBD.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the MTC Board of Education.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent/CEO or the Executive Director of Workforce and Economic Development.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Standards of Performance
The Director of Business and Entrepreneurial Services will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities to determine satisfactory performance. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.
Main Campus, Stillwater, OK.
A willingness to maintain office presence at both the Meridian Technology Center Main and South Campus is required.
Commensurate with experience.