Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree or appropriate certificate of training preferred.
Excellent professional etiquette and high level of interpersonal and customer service skills; excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Professional training and or/certification in advanced use of relational databases and a minimum of two years relational database experience on a variety of programs preferred.
Knowledge of the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education System or previous technology center experience preferred.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint, ability to train end users to intermediate and advanced levels preferred.
Effective multitasking, excellent organizational and strong time management skills, and ability to prioritize responsibilities required.
Must be meticulous in recordkeeping, detail oriented and analytical.
Knowledge of education records and processes preferred.
High level of confidentiality required.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete, track, ensure and verify timely submission of reports as required for the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education (ODCTE), Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) and Meridian Technology Center.
- Complete and/or verify timely completion of IPEDS reporting.
- Track, ensure and verify timely submission of reports as required for the U.S. Department of Education and other federal entities which includes the Clery Act reporting.
- Prepare and submit quarterly enrollment reports to ODCTE of full-time students enrolled at Meridian Technology Center.
- Serve as the data contact person for information from ODCTE and share out information as required.
- Maintain enrollment and other school wide data. Prepare reports as needed for review and planning.
- Reconcile year-end reports with ODCTE.
- Work with instructional staff to ensure timely submission of follow-up reports.
- Assist the Executive Director of Planning and Operations with the ODCTE five-year accreditation.
- Assist the Executive Director of Planning and Operations with strategic planning initiatives and tasks.
- Serve as the liaison between Meridian and the student information system vendor and maintain and update student information system.
- Assist employees and students with login, enrollment, gradebook, attendance and other questions that may arise with the daily tasks with the student information system.
- Provide multiple departments with a variety of data reports throughout the year.
- Assess, schedule and coordinate in-house training specifically related to the student information system reporting.
- Responsible for keeping the Meridian alert notification system current and up-to-date with recipients.
- Attend meetings, professional development and conferences as assigned by the Executive Director of Planning and Operations or the Superintendent.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the Meridian Technology Center Board of Education.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out the values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best of interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs, students and employees at every available opportunity.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of Planning and Operations or the Superintendent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Must be able to travel to attend meetings in-state and out-of-state.
Must be able to read, write, type, and communicate effectively in writing and verbal (both in-person and on the telephone).
Standards of Performance
The Information Management Specialist will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities based on Meridian Technology Center’s Performance Review Guidelines. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.